22 September 2008

HTC: Touch me, Feel me, Want me!

The Touch Family has Arrived...
Late last year when I was in the market for a new smartphone, I took a look at the HTC Touch which I thought was a great phone but I found that for me Windows Mobile was not for me There are just waaaay to many menus; waaaay too many windows... it’s like... XP on a phone except on a much smaller screen and to me that wasn't good.

Now HTC has released a whole new line of mobile phones to replace last years Touch and Touch Dual.
Introducing the HTC Touch Family… Touch Diamond, Touch Pro and Touch HD.
The Touch Diamond (now available from Sprint) is a quad-band smartphone running Windows Mobile 6.1 and has integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, GPS, and HSDPA support. HTC also noted that it will ship the Touch Diamond with a customized mobile Web browser that provides an optimized view of pages and lets you zoom and pan sites with one hand. In addition, the page orientation will automatically go from portrait to landscape mode when you turn the device sideways. The Touch Pro features include a 3.2-megapixel camera and a large VGA touch screen. The whole thing also runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Wi-Fi, GPS and features the same finger-friendly front end TouchFLO 3D as found on the HTC Touch Diamond.
The Touch HD, just released last Monday features a 3.8-inch (diagonal) VGA touch screen, which is pretty darn large for a smartphone. The company designed the Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone particularly for heavy Web and multimedia usage, hoping to replicate what you might get on your desktop which may explain the huge screen. Like the other Touch series models, the Touch HD will feature the TouchFlo 3D interface and have integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, and GPS. There's also 512MB of flash memory and 288MB of RAM with a microSD card slot for expansion capabilities.
*
Would I consider the switch? Well, I'll say that these phones would definitely be in the running.
*
~via Engadget Mobile

No comments: